Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFJ PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DVDSnapshot.com Interview with Jared

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Melly
Let's Go Hunting!
Let's Go Hunting!
Melly

Female
Taurus Pig
Anzahl der Beiträge : 393
Ansehen/Reputation : 1

DVDSnapshot.com Interview with Jared Empty
PostSubject: DVDSnapshot.com Interview with Jared   DVDSnapshot.com Interview with Jared EmptyNovember 23rd 2008, 11:23

Last week, DVDSnapshot.com had the chance to interview Jared while he was filming on the set of Supernatural. In this nearly 20 minute audio interview Jared talks about what it was like filming The Christmas Cottage and Friday the 13th, he even talks alot about Supernatural and upcoming episodes.

HOST : Hey Jared, how you doing?
JP: I’m alright man, thank you so much for uh for being flexible. Stuff gets so crazy over here on set and I always feel so terrible that I have to change it and then not change it and then push and pull it and move it around, so thanks for working with me.

HOST : Hey, no problem at all. I’m glad to be able to talk to you, thanks for taking the time out to talk to us.
JP: Yeah of course.

HOST : Um well, let’s start off by talking about Thoma’s Kinkade’s Christmas Cottage. So what attracted you to this role, I have to imagine part of it would be the stellar cast the film has.
JP: Yeah um that was, that was a massive part. I mean Peter O’Toole is…

HOST : I kinda figured.
JP: A living legend, yeah. A living legend and incredible and amazing and I’ve loved his work for a long time actually. Marcia Gay Harden and Ed Asner and the list goes on and on. Um but it was just a story that I was interested in telling. You know, I’ve uh I’ve been lucky in this business and I’ve worked alot but alot of stuff I’ve done has been horror themed or sci-fi themed or you know. I was really um, like I loved like I grew up watching um you know Christmas movies and happy homey family movies. [Like] ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ and they were stories I always kind of wanted to tell myself so, I read the script and I was like “Wow I’d love to have this movie, I’d love to watch this movie with my kids one day.” I’d love to have people watch this movie and you know, have it warm their hearts or bring a smile to their face. So you know that’s a big part of, that’s the main part of why I wanted to work on this project was to tell this story.

HOST : And when you’re preparing for a movie like this as an actor, do you approach it differently since you’re playing a real life person as opposed to a fictional character?
JP: Yeah, you do. I watched, mean I read his books and I read about him and I um got to meet him and chat with him and his wife. Um, but also I watched videos of sorta of his wedding day and when he was younger. And it was weird for me because I really wanted to play it sorta true to him, I didn’t want to insult anybody. It was so bizarre because then you’re on set and then he’s on set and you’re like “I hope he likes it. I hope he doesn’t um think I’m a jerk, or too tall or too short, or too ugly or too pretty.” So you know you kind of get as it is actors are very self conscious people?

HOST : Right.
JP: And so then to add that into the mix it made it very interesting but, he was very supportive and Michael Campus our director was also extremely supportive and super talented and just an amazing man, he and his wife Arla. Um and they just told me “You know, you’re doing great just keep doing what you’re doing.” Ultimately as bizarre as it is playing somebody who’s actually alive and they are watching you, you just have to let it go. You have to kind of let it go and trust your instincts and do your thing, as an actor um because if you sit there and kind of over think it. [Then] I sorta have the same thought process in my head of when I was working with Peter O’Toole, I mean you’re sitting there on camera and you’re like “Uh, I’m about to play a scene with Peter O’Toole,” but you just have to drop it.

HOST: Right.
JP: And just go okay he’s an actor like any other actor and I’m an actor like any other actor and it’s time to do a scene. And you just have to just let it go and if you don’t let it go, it’s just going be bad.

HOST : Right. One of the things I liked about the movie was that it has alot of humor in it you know, and I look at the people on set besides Marcia Gay Harden and Peter O’Toole you had Aaron Ashmore and Robert Maul and um, Chris Elliot. You know alot of funny people, what was the atmosphere like on set?
JP: It was great! We all, we were happy with what we were doing we were all happy with what we were making. Um everybody had a good time and our director Michael would play around with script a little bit and um, just being true to the moment, true to the character, a little bit of improvisation which is always fun.

HOST : Yeah.
JP: So it was a really nice, light vibe on set. I mean we were telling a cute, happy, homey story and had a good time doing it. [And[ I'm a big fan of, I'm also a huge fan of Chris Elliot and I got a big kick. He said that his daughter watched me on Gilmore Girls and wanted to, like know if he could have a picture from me and I was like "Dude, Chris Elliot's asking for a picture? Um of course!" You know, whatever I can do for you, so it was kind of a funny moment.

HOST : Now you said that, you mentioned you did alot of genre stuff horror and sci-fi but you effectively got you're big break on Gilmore Girls which was obviously a drama. [And] Then you’ve done alot of horror and sci-fi stuff and now you’ve come back to this picture which is mostly a drama, although it has some comedy in it. Is it difficult to switch hats like that or do you find it easy to kind of just jump into any kind of role.
JP: Um, it’s interesting switching hats. I’d say the bigger difference is between tv and movies you know? Like I think, I think if you’re doing a tv drama and then a tv horror show it’s easier than going from a tv drama to a movie drama.

JP: You know um, just because the style of filming and the you know instead of doing 8 pages in a day you’re doing 2 pages in a day, and really taking your time with it and really working out each and every scene and figuring it all out. You have more time to prepare and kind of figure out your character and think about options and play around with it on the day. So once again like I was kind of saying earlier, ultimately you just have to prepare and do your work beforehand and then once you get on set just let it all go. Kind of trust that you rehearsed enough and prepared enough. The only thing, in my opinion it’s much easier to do like a drama like a Gilmore Girls or like a Christmas Cottage than it is to do a horror. Even though horrors are almost more fun you know like Supernatural, I’m running around, I’m fighting, I’m shooting guns you know there’s special effects and visual effects and I have a stunt guy and I’m trying to do some of my own stunts and you know being like, an active guy. Kinda fun to run around and do things, so it might be a bit more fun to break up the monotony and do that kind of stuff but also, it’s kind of rough on your body. Getting banged up and bruises and injured here and there but, no it’s kind of fun to switch hats.

HOST : Well speaking of Supernatural, I have to ask you about it. I think it’s hands down the best show on television my wife and I are absolutely huge fans, we never miss an episode. Actually it’s funny when I told people that I was talking to you today I got a laundry list of things that people want me to tell you for them.
JP: [Laughing]

HOST : It’s a very well loved show, I have several girls that wanted me to pay you compliments and everybody wanted me to tell you how much they love the show so. You know I guess my question is..
JP: That’s so awesome man.

HOST : Yeah it’s awesome, how do you guys make the just so good like what’s your secret?
JP: You know what man, that’s a huge compliment and thank you. We’ve always been firm believers in our show and unfortunately we’re on one of the smaller networks and we have huge competition so we don’t have a whole lot of recognition. But um, we’re really proud of the show you know our creator Eric Kripke has always been true to the story and he never sold out.

JP: You know like I know people want more sex or more girls or more kind of cheesy sweet moments. You know they want to have Coca-Cola so we can get an extra 20 thousand dollars an episode and like you know, have inserts of AT&T and Verizon you know? He’s just always remained true to the show, it’s been his baby for a long time and he just wants to tell this story and he’s very very hands on and takes a big part in every script. Then Jensen and I just get along really well, we’re great friends and we have a great time filming with each other. It’s kind of great because we kind of we’ll call each others bullshit, during a take we’ll be like “Dude you’re phoning it in. Start over. You’re not doing your best work.” Or we’ll say “Great work. God keep going, do it again just like that.” So just the fact we have each other um, I don’t know another show on television that just has 2 series regulars.

HOST : Yeah, I imagine it’s gotta be different from most filming experiences because it’s the 2 of you guys week in and week out. I imagine you have to bond or else it’s going to self destruct.
JP: Yeah, if we didn’t bond I think the show would have been canceled long ago. Um but we do bond and we have a great time and we have a tough schedule because it’s only of us. We’re working insane hours but on the flip side we watch out for each other and we’re there for each other and you know, we’re there like if he’s having a tough day I’ll kick him in the ass and tell him to bring it up and if I’m having a tough day he’ll you know slap me in the face and tell me to bring it up. It’s kinda nice, we’re both Texas boys that kind of are low key and like to get our work done and we like to have a good time. We just have a great crew, I mean our crew who works on the show most of them I’d say over 90% of them have been with us since season one. Alot of them have actually taken pay cuts to keep working on the show, because the show hasn’t been getting alot of support from whoever are the powers that be and the American dollar took a big hit and so we kinda, not only did we not get a raise in the show we kind of effectively got our budget cut like 200 thousand dollars. So they had to cut alot of salaries.

JP: But the people enjoy the show so much and enjoy working on it so much that they stuck around. So we really have a family, I mean it’s 200 people counting everybody that’s in Vancouver and in Los Angeles that make the show.

JP: [And] They all really care about it, so it’s nice. I think because, I think one of the blessings of not having a massive fanbase, we have a very committed fanbase but it’s not like Lost where 30 million people are watching us or whatever is that it’s really kind of taken the pressure off. I think when you have a Lost or a Desperate Housewives then the network and the studios take a bigger part and they kind of make more demands like “Hey we have all these viewers so now you need to throw in somebody famous or now we need like, a musician to come be on the show,” and you kind of have your hands tied behind your back but because we just kind of had our committed smaller audience I think the network and the studio have kinda been like “Alright well Eric we trust you, you’re getting it done. We’ll leave you alone.” So they’ve kind of left us alone to sit there and be the sleeper, which I really enjoy.

HOST : Well what does the future hold for the show? I mean do you guys know anything yet about what’s uh..
JP: We don’t. Um, I know last night was Thursday so we had another show and I know we did really well so everything is looking like we’re going to come back for a 5th season. Nothing is official by any means but, everything is looking like we’re going to come back for a 5th season. Which is kind of funny because I think this year Kripke thought that we were going to have our last season as season 4, so he’s kind of been like “Alright, time to wrap it up let’s kiss some ass.” [And] so that it looks like we’re coming back for 5 I think he’s gonna have to re-evaluate but, I’ll let him do that. I’ll just say the lines he sends up here, I’ll let him worry about what those lines are.

HOST : It’s a good problem to have, you know?
JP: Yeah it is a good problem to have, you know I mean he’s always said from the get-go actually that he wanted the show to be 5 seasons. He thought that’s what it needed to tell the story and he didn’t want it to go into like season 8 and where Sam & Dean are like sitting in wheelchairs chasing with shotguns. We don’t need Bonanza.

HOST : Right exactly. Um so on hiatus I guess, you filmed Friday the 13th the remake?
JP: Uh huh, uh huh.

HOST : That was pretty intense, what was that shoot like for you?
JP: Really intense, it was an awesome, awesome, awesome time. I was in Austin, Texas which is my favorite city, I grew up in San Antonio, Texas and I was actually enrolled to go to college at UT Austin and I’ve always loved the city of Austin. My sister was there she graduated from college this past year, my brother was in Dallas, Texas with his wife and he had a baby and my parents are still in San Antonio so i was near family and close to home. Um the cast of the movie was awesome and we all got along, we’d go out to the lake or we’d go out drinking if we had a night off and just have a good time. It was just fun, I mean I was a big fan um when Platinum Dunes did the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake with Jessie Biel.

HOST : Yep.
JP: I watched it and I was like “Dude! That’s a really good movie.” and this is years ago, long before I knew they were going to do Friday the 13th. [And] Then I watched Amittyville Horror and The Hitcher and I was a fan of what they were doing with these remakes, I thought they were real and raw and scary. So when I found out they were doing Friday the 13th I was like “Man, I’d love to a part of that,” and I guess randomly or coincidentally Marcus Nispel the director wanted me to be a part of it as well. So I guess phone calls were made from both sides, and I ended up sitting down for dinner with Marcus Nispel and Brad Fuller one of out producers and we made it happen. It was kind of bizarre because of the strike season 3, Supernatural shot really late like we shot until April 30th.
Back to top Go down
Melly
Let's Go Hunting!
Let's Go Hunting!
Melly

Female
Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: DVDSnapshot.com Interview with Jared   DVDSnapshot.com Interview with Jared EmptyNovember 23rd 2008, 11:24

JP: So they actually had to work the schedule out to where I didn’t work for the first 10 days of the movie because I was still in Vancouver shooting Supernatural. But I’m glad they worked it out, I just actually did ADR for it on Tuesday and I got to see alot of it in the 5 hours of adr and it looks bad ass. Like it’s going to be scary and cool and exciting and I cannot wait to see it.

HOST : I just saw the trailer for the first time today and it does look pretty cool.
JP: It’s cool right?

HOST : Yeah. Absolutely man that Jason looks..
JP: Derek Mears who plays Jason is bad ass. It’s going to be awesome.

HOST : Is there added pressure in the fact that you know this one of the horror franchises, you know the others ones like The Hitcher and the others you mentioned are remakes of movies that are well liked but this is Friday the 13th. It’s like the name in horror, does that change how you guys approach making it or did you just go in guns blazing?
JP: Kind of, yeah. I mean for me um, I think luckily alot of the responsibility of honoring the past franchise while still trying to make something new and exciting that’s kind of on the producers and the writer and the director so, luckily for me I got to play my character in this new re-telling but there are parts of the movie that kind of play homage to the originals you know and to the franchise and to the character but then there’s alot of new stuff as well. I guess going back to what I was talking about before as an actor, I felt a bad trap right before I shot the movie. I kind of like plugged on to IMDB or something and read about it, I think I was probably looking up the cast but then at the bottom where it talks about all the comment pages it was like “Who would be so stupid to remake this?” So I clicked on it and it was like “What a bunch of assholes, they’re going to ruin the franchise.” and I was like Oh, no, oh no.” so I kind of got freaked out.

HOST: Right.
JP: But ultimately I don’t know, maybe I had a glass of wine and let it go. Kind of going back to what I was talking about, you kind of just have to be like “I’m here to tell a story.” you know I’m a talking head so I’m going to do what I do and try and do it well. With some people I think, I think there are some people who are going to dislike it purely because it’s a remake of the original.

HOST :
JP: Meanwhile there are people that are such big fans that they’ll like it even if it doesn’t turn out as well as it could or should, they’ll like it just because it’s part of the franchise so you kind of win some and you lose some. So we all just tried to make the best movie we could.

HOST : Cool. You know, going back to Thomas Kinkade’s for a second I had a question I wanted to ask you that I forgot about.
JP: Yeah.

HOST : One of the things I really liked about it was your narration actually, I thought you had a very cool kind of uh Stand by me/ Shawshank Redemption kind of feel.
JP: Oh that’s cool man.

HOST : Is it different to record a voice over like that than it is to record, as an actor is it a different process or is it more of the same for you?
JP: It is! It’s totally different and also, um the narration was supposed to be kind of after the fact so the narrator was supposed to be an older, wiser version of the character that you were watching. [And] It was weird and I think like the day after we wrapped shooting I sat down in the sound studio with Michael Campus and kind of did some voice overs. It was kind of bizarre, reading and you know it’s going to come like when you read the script in the first place the narration is part of the script so you know you’re ultimately going to have to do it but I’ve never had to really to do that before. [And] I love it and I love narrated movies, I know I mean I’m no Morgan Freeman but it was fun to kind of sit there and try and tell a story and ultimately that’s what acting is. Telling a story through characters and your scenes and emotions. But it’s kind of fun to hit the nail on the head and actually narrate a story, we all love listening to stories and telling stories so it was nice to kind of just go through and do it. And um, thanks for the compliment. I actually had, um some of the stuff Michael was like “Yeah you’re hitting it head on, let’s move to the next.” and then some of the takes he was “You know what? Change it around a little bit.” add a little bit more nostalgia or a little bit yes you know? Be more fond of that character or that character, you know kind of laugh at this guy you know. So um it’s just part of having a great director, you just kind of trust him and go “This guy knows what he’s doing so I’m just going to listen and watch the finished project and I’m sure I’ll be happy.”

HOST : What else is on the horizon for you? Besides more Supernatural and Friday the 13th, anything you have lined up?
JP: Uh obviously “Cottage” and I guess “Home for Christmas” now it’s called, and then um alot of Supernatural. We’re on day 5 of episode 12 right now.

HOST : Anything you call tell me about rest of the season?
JP: Honest to goodness, I do not know a whole lot about the rest of the season. Episode 10 which is the next episode that’s going to air, is another sort of cliffhanger because episode 9 and 10 are a two parter. So we’re going to delve more into the angels and the demons and what the angels want from Dean and from Sam and what Ruby wants, we’re going to really explore that. But I know that episodes 11 and 12 are sort of one up episodes, episode 12 which we’re doing now involves magicians and a magician that’s working real magic.

HOST : Cool.
JP: Um, and so it’s really cool and then episode 11 was kind of a crazy, scary house out in the woods you know where a family tries to go and try and fix the family problems and then people start vanishing and disappearing. Um, episode 13 Sam and Dean go back to one of the schools they went to growing up because there’s been a haunting or a demon and they have to figure out what’s going on. We’re actually going to see some of high school Sam and Dean in episode 13.

HOST : That’s awesome.
JP: Yeah I just read the script again today and really cool man, alot of really cool moments and alot of things I think the audience is gonna like. When I read those episodes where you go back and see young Sam and Dean, I get really excited about that. I’m like “Oh cool! I can’t wait, yada yada.” So I think the audience will like it too. [And] we also learn more about Sam and Dean’s past,we get to go back and see them in high school so it’s really cool.

HOST : I can’t wait to see ‘em.
JP: That’s awesome man.

HOST : Well hey listen, thanks for taking to talk to me. I’m really excited, it was great talking to you.
JP: Of course yeah, great to talk to you too. Thanks for supporting the show.

HOST : Absolutely, I talk about the show on the website all the time actually.
JP: No way! Awesome, well tell the girls and guys in your office that we’re appreciative also and that we’re about to work a 14-hour day so it’s nice to hear that.

HOST : I will tell them.
JP: All right brother.

HOST : Thanks alot for everything, take care.
JP: You too.

Quelle: J-PADALECKI.org
Back to top Go down
Naley
Jared's Little Darling
Jared's Little Darling
Naley

Female
Virgo Snake
Anzahl der Beiträge : 1869
Ansehen/Reputation : 14

PostSubject: Re: DVDSnapshot.com Interview with Jared   DVDSnapshot.com Interview with Jared EmptyNovember 23rd 2008, 12:17

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

OMG!!! Na dann viel Spass beim Übersetzen, Süße! Twisted Evil Razz

:silent: :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent:
Back to top Go down
Melly
Let's Go Hunting!
Let's Go Hunting!
Melly

Female
Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: DVDSnapshot.com Interview with Jared   DVDSnapshot.com Interview with Jared EmptyNovember 23rd 2008, 13:35

I don´t think so!!! affraid

DVDSnapshot.com Interview with Jared Flucht
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVDSnapshot.com Interview with Jared   DVDSnapshot.com Interview with Jared Empty

Back to top Go down

DVDSnapshot.com Interview with Jared
Page 1 of 1